Investment & Deal Executive - Job Description
About Green Angel Syndicate
Green Angel Syndicate is the only angel investment syndicate in the UK specialising in the fight against Climate Change and Global Warming. With a rapidly-growing membership of more than 270 people, we are also one of the UK's largest angel syndicates. GAS is operated by a team of around 15 people, and this is an exciting time for us. As well as increasing the number and size of investments our members make into companies fighting climate change, we have recently launched our first Fund. This is allowing us to make a bigger impact, faster.
Funding applications to GAS are growing, and we're creating this new role. You'll be part of our Deal Flow team, which sources and evaluates hundreds of investment opportunities each year.
Tasks will include:
● Reviewing business plans, assessing and meeting potential investee companies.
● Preparing information to aid GAS Members' evaluation of potential investee companies.
● Selecting companies for pitching, based on Members' feedback, portfolio objectives, and GAS team's views.
● Attending due diligence meetings, preparing notes, uploading information to the GAS IT platform.
● Researching aspects of potential GAS Investments to aid due diligence assessments.
● Coordinating the due diligence and investment processes for a potential investment.
● Communicating with GAS Members on all aspects of potential investments.
● Attending external pitch events and conferences to identify and build relationships with potential investee companies.
● Updating the information we hold on potential and portfolio companies, in our IT systems.
● Improving our processes, to strengthen GAS' deal flow quantity and quality.
● Building, populating, and reporting on investment, companies, and deal-flow.
● In your application, you will be able to demonstrate your experience in and aptitude for each of the areas in which you'll be operating, through your education, working experience, and/or voluntary activities.
● You will be determined to use your skills and background to help GAS and its portfolio companies to fight climate change. Ideally, you have knowledge of and interest in sustainability and climate change.
● You have strong writing skills. You can convey complex technical and commercial information in concise written text, and adapt it to different audiences. You have fluent written English.
● You're a people person. You have the confidence to engage with our High Net-Worth members, start up CEOs and Founders, and our partner companies.
● You can present and sell the GAS service to investee companies.
● You have a sound commercial understanding of entrepreneurship, business planning and creation.
● You can use your initiative, suggest changes, and take decisions confidently.
● You have good common sense, and can identify when 'something isn't right' with a potential investment opportunity.
● You're comfortable reporting on progress and meeting deadlines.
● You are organised, self-motivated and self-directed. (We have always been a fully remote organisation, and we work hard to maintain a fun and supportive culture, despite being physically apart.)
Green Angel Syndicate is dedicated to encouraging a supportive and inclusive culture amongst our own workforce, our members, and the workforces of our portfolio companies. It is within our interest to promote diversity and eliminate discrimination in the workforce, as this is good practice and is fundamental to our core values.
Our aim is to ensure that all members, employees and job applicants are given equal opportunity. All employees, members and investors will be respected and valued.
● You will be trained to work in one of the most exciting and dynamic sectors in the modern economy: the intersection of climate change and technology innovation.
● This is a permanent contract with salary in the range of £25,000 to £30,000 depending on experience, plus pension (3% employer contribution, 5% employee).
● You'll get 25 days holiday per year, plus all bank holidays, and your birthday.
● We offer paid 'journey days' to staff who travel on holiday by train, coach or boat instead of flying.
● We encourage flexible working and will consider applications for this role as a part time position.
● We operate a long-term incentive scheme.
● We'll offer you training in the work you'll be asked to do for us (to develop your skills and capabilities). If you want them, we'll give you the ability for public speaking and presentation roles.
● There will be many opportunities for long-term career growth as GAS continues to scale, and expand its operations into areas such as Fund management, company incubation, and academic partnerships.
● Your voice counts. We employ smart people, and we listen to their opinions. You'll play an active part in our organisation, and in our plans for the future.
● Flexitime that really flexes. Real life can't always be put on standby during normal office hours. Sure, you'll need to put your hours in, but to a large extent you can set your own working pattern.
● Work from where you are. We believe in recruiting the best people, no matter where in the UK they are. We all work remotely, and we use technology to keep in contact.
Please send a cover letter (max 1 page) and CV (max 2 pages) to email@example.com with "Deal Flow role - your name" in the subject box.
Within your application cover letter please specify how you meet the requirements of the role set out above, and confirm the following additional points:
● Your available start date
● Understanding of the salary bracket
We cannot consider applications without a cover letter, and those which do not confirm the points above.
As part of our diversity and inclusion commitment we are collecting data on the diversity of applications we receive for this role. Providing this data is not mandatory, but if you are willing please tell us your gender, your ethnicity and whether you live with a disability as part of this application.
Application deadline: 23 May 2021
Remote first round interviews are expected to take place around 26-28 May, 2021.