Green Finance - Paid Internship Position
Duration: Approx 10-12 months
About Green Angel Syndicate
Green Angel Syndicate (GAS) is the UK's largest network of specialist investors fighting climate change. We identify, invest in, and help the growth of companies which have specialist technologies or processes that limit or reduce the world's carbon emissions. GAS has a rapidly growing membership of more than 340 people, and 30 portfolio companies. GAS is operated by a team of around 20 people, and this is an exciting time for us. We have been increasing the number and size of investments into companies fighting climate change, which has driven our growth and expansion, allowing us to make a bigger impact, faster.
All GAS team members work from home - we have no office. This role is mostly working from home, with occasional and optional travel to collaborative work days, staff socials and member events in the UK.
This new role is a fantastic opportunity for anybody passionate about fighting climate change and wanting to understand more about a potential career in green investment. Our vibrant and supportive culture will advance your knowledge and practical application of identifying and investing in companies which fight climate change. You will gain experience in due diligence, market analysis, investment and finance, and the practical workings of angel investment. Not only will you be learning from, and contributing to a growing, impactful investment company, you will also be a part of a friendly, positive and dynamic team. Throughout your internship with GAS, your tasks will include:
- Assisting with market research to identify companies that would be suitable for GAS investment.
- Helping to coordinate early stage due diligence and investment processes for potential investments.
- Attending due diligence meetings, preparing notes, uploading information to the GAS IT platform.
- Helping to improve our processes, to strengthen GAS' deal flow quantity and quality.
- Producing high quality research and data analysis.
- Supporting the generation and distribution of reports to help all areas of the organisation.
- In your application, you will be able to demonstrate your aptitude for working in the areas in which you'll be operating, through your education, any previous working experience, and/or voluntary activities.
- You will be determined to use your skills and background to help GAS and its portfolio companies to fight climate change. Ideally, you have knowledge of and interest in sustainability and climate change.
- You are completing or have recently completed a bachelor's degree or masters in business, economics, finance, engineering, computer science, or any other field relevant to this role.
- You may be in your university's entrepreneurial club or active in an environmental movement.
- You have strong English writing skills. You can convey complex technical and commercial information in concise written text, and adapt it to different audiences.
- You can use your initiative, suggest changes, and make decisions confidently.
- You're comfortable reporting on progress, producing high quality work, and meeting deadlines.
- You are organised, self-motivated and self-directed. We are predominantly a remote organisation which requires effective independent working, but we continue to work hard to maintain a fun and supportive culture.
- You must have the right to work in the UK.
- We pay a small monthly working-from home allowance, tax free in line with HMRC guidance.
- You'll get 25 days holiday annually, and all bank holidays (both pro rata with the period you work), plus your birthday.
- We offer paid 'journey days' to staff who travel on holiday by train, coach or boat, instead of flying.
- Your voice counts. We employ smart people, and we listen to their opinions. You'll play an active part in our organisation, and in our plans for the future.
- Work from where you are. We believe in recruiting the best people, no matter where in the UK they are. We all work remotely, and we use technology to keep in contact.
Working hours / duration
- This paid internship is for 10-12 months, but we are flexible with exact timing. We'll agree start and end dates with the successful applicant
Please send a cover letter (max 1 page) and CV (max 2 pages) to email@example.com with "Internship - your name" in the subject box.
Within your application cover letter please specify how you meet the requirements of the role set out above, and confirm the following additional points:
- Your preferred start and end dates
- Understanding of the salary
We cannot consider applications without a cover letter, and those which do not confirm the points above.
As part of our diversity and inclusion commitment we are collecting data on the diversity of applications we receive for this role. Providing this data is not mandatory, but if you are willing please tell us your gender, your ethnicity and whether you live with a disability as part of this application.
Application deadline: 10pm Sunday 01 May 2022 although we may assess applications as they arrive.