Diversity & Inclusion
Green Angel Syndicate is dedicated to encouraging an equal, supportive and inclusive culture amongst our employees, members, investors and applicants and the members of our partner companies. It is within our interest to promote diversity and eliminate discrimination and ensure that all are respected and valued, as this is good practice and is fundamental to our core values.
This Policy reinforces our commitment to providing equality and fairness and not provide less favourable treatment of those with one or more of the Equality Act 2010 protected characteristcs of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (including colour, nationality and ethnic or national origin) religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
We support equality and equity in all forms, including pay and benefits, terms and conditions of employment, dealing with grievances and discipline and dismissal, redundancy, performance management, leave for parents or carers, requests for flexible working, selection for employment, promotion, training and other developmental opportunities.
- To create an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of all team members are recognised and valued
- To create a working environment that promotes dignity and respect for every employee, member and investor
- To not tolerate any form of intimidation, bullying, or harassment and to discipline those who breach this Policy
- To make training, development and progression opportunities available to all staff
- To promote equality in the workplace
- To encourage anyone who feels they have been subject to discrimination to raise their concerns so we can apply corrective measures
- To regularly review this Policy and our employment practices to ensure that fairness is maintained at all times
- To monitor and review the workforce, membership and portfolio companies regarding information such as age, sex, ethnic background, sexual orientation, religion or belief and disability, in terms of meeting the aims of the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy
- To review progress against the objectives and initiatives developed by the Diversity and Inclusion Task Force at least twice each year.
Green Angel Syndicate will inform all employees that an Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy is in operation and that they are obligated to comply with its requirements and promote fairness in our own workplace and those of our portfolio companies. The policy will also be brought to the attention of all members, investors and other stakeholders.
Our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy is fully supported by our Board and senior management and has been agreed with employees.
The Policy will be reviewed at least once every year.
Signed on behalf of Green Angel Syndicate
Date 23 March 2022